Monday, December 01, 2008

A sick day...?

In the world of self-employment there doesn't appear to be a clause for compassionate leave or sick leave, it's crap! You've probably guessed, after a couple of tough weeks lately, we are now experiencing the dreaded lurgy in this house, do things ever get any easier....nope, I guessed not.

After a really lovely day listening to the seriously talented Sarah Raven last Wednesday, I came home a shivering wreck and went straight to bed, flu had hit big time. By the end of the week Gregg had it too, fair cancelled on Saturday, but it was our annual Christmas Open Day yesterday and the show just had to go on. Thank you to Nicola and my family for saving our bacon, you're all stars. xxx

So, orders are now being processed again (will I ever catch up with myself again or should I just throw the towel in now...!) and hopefully the nice doctor is going to give me something to fix my throat and horendous cough tomorrow.

I'll hopefully be back in a couple of days feeling a lot better (fingers crossed). Off to have a hot bath and a bottle of whisky to help me sleep ;)

L x

6 comments:

Pipany said...

You poor thing Lisa. I'm sure this is all to do with what's been going on for you lately. You need echinacea to build up your immune system, especially if you are having anti-b's. Take for 6 weeks and should make a big difference hopefuly. Much love to you xx

P. said...

I hope you will be all right soon.

Alfazema

Primchick said...

I think a hot toddie is in order... they say brandy is best...
Hope you get better soon...
Marion ;0)

Primrose Hill said...

Hot toddie indeed, I had one on Sunday night and it sent me to sleep, bliss!
We're both feeling a lot better, G has gone back to work and I'm now on anti-b's for a chest infection.
Thanks Pipany for the adviceon echinacea, I normally have some in the house so I'll get taking it!
We've had lots of lovely snow which really cheered me up, I'll hopefully post some pictures later today.
Off to catch up with all the orders!
L xx

tea and cake said...

Hi Lisa, do what pipany says and take the echinacea, it will help. Hope the doc has, too. lotsaluv, Karen xx

Dusty Spider said...

Hi Lisa, sorry to hear you've been poorly. Hope the doctor sorted you out. Thinking of you all up there in the snow. Flick xx