Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Vintage corner



It's a gorgeous, crisp, cold and sunny morning here, just the type I like. The first of October is always a special day for us, five years ago today I "officially" started up the business and it's also my brothers 21st Birthday today. I think a cake shall have to be made in celebration this evening, or maybe a crumble, perfect for enjoying in front of a toasty fire with a glass of bubbly.


As promised, here are some of the little vintage bits and bobs we've got in the shop just now. I'm a bit of a sucker for old china so it took a lot for me to be able to part with these little lovelies. Gregg talked me into keeping a few of the lovely old glass bottles, so they are lined up on the window sill with flowers in them :)

Aren't those little teacup, saucer and tea plate sets just adorable?

I also found this cute little stool, perfect for display in the shop, and it already had that lovely distressed look, so it all needed was a bit of a clean.

So, off out to the studio now to get on with some more sewing, it's nice and cosy out there as we've got a little radiator timed to come on in the morning as there's nothing worse than going out to a cold workroom!

See you soon,

L xx

6 comments:

Pipany said...

Yes, I love old china too Lisa. Your shop looks so lovely. Congrats on your 5 year anniversary xx

P. said...

Lovely china.

Alfazema

Karen said...

The little blue jugs took me right back in time to my grandmother's house. That was her china. K

tea and cake said...

Hello You! These look so lovely, Lisa, and I'm glad Gregg persuaded you to keep the glass bottles. love, Karen xx

Anonymous said...

Why are we so far away from each other?! You deserve a cake and a party for your 5 years as a business-woman extraordinare! I know if I lived nearby I'd be possibly the most regular customer, and probably the most annoying ;)

Love your new vintage collection, though I couldn't part with such lovely things, it suits your business ethos perfectly!

LinenandRoses said...

Love the vintage bits you're selling. Wish I lived a bit nearer so I could pop in for a better look. Love both the cream and green jugs.