Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Gardening Course....

All was going well on Friday night, the baking was done, the note booklets were made and printed and the marque was still up from last weekend.


Then on Saturday morning we woke up to find this...........



................it had been a bit windy during the night..............


Not ones to let anything like this stop us, the marquee was rebuilt, taped together in bits and weighed down with rather large logs!


I prayed for good weather while making the soup that morning and we were blessed!




So much was covered during the day, John kept everyone busy and all went home with lots of goodies. The day was most definitely a success, the sun shone, the food went down well and everyone learnt loads. I just need to twist Johns arm to do it again for me and also find someone to do a garden design course, so that's on the list for next year and I have someone in mind already.......




I'll leave you with more photos of the day, I'm now off to write up and print the leaflet with our next lot of courses, some kind of newsletter ( a new thing for us!) and information on the Perthshire Open Studios as I've got a big mail out to do this week. So much for a quite Sunday night in front of the fire, I shall be glued to the laptop instead, but still in front of the fire :)


Everyone enjoying afternoon tea

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great - you're on a definite roll just now, aren't you! Count me in for receiving the newsletter.

P x

pinkgreen said...

It looks like a great time was had, and you even got the sun to shine. I would love to do one of your courses, but Cheltenham is quite a long way from Perthshire! I hope the next one goes well.
Cathy X

tea and cake said...

OMG, my heart stopped when I saw the piccie of the marquee on the floor! But, the rest of it looked wonderful. Sounds like you all enjoyed it, too. K xx

Primrose Hill said...

It really was a great day after a bit of a tricky start! John did such a fantastic job, his knowledge of gardening really is quite amazing.

L x