Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chickens and fairies



This weekend is our first course, Beginners Guide to Keeping Chickens. I'm getting organised over the next couple of days, but have to admit to being a little bit nervous. It's a mix of adults and children coming along so hopefully that should make it really fun.
A postcard and a cheque arrived in the post the other day from a friend who is sending her husband and little girl along on the course. The little girl had spent part of the summer holidays over at her grandparents in Ireland and when asked what was the best bit of her holiday her reply was feeding the neighbours chickens! So this week when her tooth fell out, there was a note wrapped around the tooth asking the tooth fairy for a chicken rather than pennies, how sweet is that!
So hopefully, by the end of Sunday afternoon she'll be ready to embark on the great hobby of chicken keeping, I'm sure the tooth fairy will oblige!
L x

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there to be part of it. Enjoy.

P x

Just Original said...

How cute is that!

Good luck with the course, wish I could be there!

Vanessa x

tea and cake said...

Wow, Good Luck with the course - wish I was coming just for the lunch!

Pipany said...

The course sounds great Lisa. We are off in a week or two for another batch of hens as we are down to one now - old age plus a fox methinks! Love going to choose with the kids. xx

Primrose Hill said...

I'm really looking forward to taking the course, with chicken keeping being in our family for generations it's something that I'm really passionate about.
I'm hopefully getting some more chooks next week, some green egg layers and a fancy Exchequer Leghorn!

L x

Anonymous said...

I grew up around chickens. But haven't been around them in a long time. Sure wish I had some fresh warm eggs though. Sounds like delightful fun!
Brenda

Clover Yard said...

What a wonderful story Lisa. I almost wish we had chickens just to come on your course! Have fun,
Carolx

Jacoline said...

I just saw your blog it is great. I love to have a peek in your shop, but i'm in New-Zealand.
Good luck with the shop. I love it.

Primrose Hill said...

The course went really well, it was just a shame that it rained in the afternoon, but it didn't seem to put anyone off!!
I shall post more about it later plus another little surprise!!

L x

The Vintage Kitten said...

I really would like to get some chickens. My husband recently had to look after our neighbours ducks and he enjoyed it so I may be able to talk him around into letting me have some of my own, fingers crossed!